The Courthouse will open on June 12th but some departments are still conducting business by appointment so a phone call is recommended.
- Treasurer’s office: 641 747-3414 – renewing driver’s license by appointment
- Recorder’s office: 641 747-3412 – researching by appointment
Guthrie County Conservation will also be opening facilities. Beginning Friday, June 12, 2020 at 8:00 a.m., these Guthrie County Conservation facilities will open:
- Nations Bridge – All camping sites, shelter houses, pit latrines, shower house and the restroom facility by the dump station. Shelter houses will remain first come, first served, no reservations.
- Lenon Mill – All camping sites, shelter house, restroom and playground equipment. Shelter house will remain first come, first served, no reservations
The Guthrie County Historical Village and Museum has updated its facility restrictions in regards to the Covid-19-related issues and concerns. These adjustments are designed to maintain safe environments for visitors and staff.
Beginning Friday, June 12, 2020 at 10:00 a.m.
The Guthrie County Historical Village and Museum will be open, with some restrictions, during our regular hours of 10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Tuesday-Friday and Saturday 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- The Main Museum Building and Offices at the southwest corner of the complex will remain closed at this time.
- Nine (9) buildings will be open for viewing: cabin, newspaper office, depot, church, school, blacksmith, general store, law office, and outhouse. Viewing will be limited from the entryway; please do not enter the buildings.
- Restrooms will remain closed to the public.
- Masks are encouraged.
- Only one group per building. Please allow room for group ahead of you to leave building area before approaching the entryway.
- No admission fee will be charged during this partial reopening.
- Donations are always appreciated to help us continue our work. Donation tubes have been placed by the sidewalk entrances, near each parking lot, to allow for easy access.